Welcome to CodeGrade¶
CodeGrade is a blended learning application designed especially for programming education. It makes grading and handing in programming exercises more insightful and effective for students and more efficient for teachers, by providing an online environment carefully designed to specifically suit the needs of modern programming education.
Where programming exercises are currently reviewed in a classical and counter-intuitive way, resulting in only little and vague feedback, CodeGrade creates the missing intuitive environment for reviewing programming exercises.
This is achieved using some of the key-features CodeGrade provides:
- Line by line feedback making it possible to specifically write feedback for a specific part of the code.
- Easy to use rubrics to aid consistent and prompt grading of assignments.
- Built-in code plagiarism detection system using JPlag.
- CodeGrade Filesystem enabling both students to hand in and teachers to access and grade submissions on the CodeGrade system locally without any overhead.
- CodeGrade editor plugins allowing the teacher to easily locally review programming assignments and fill in rubrics using the editor of choice.
- An online environment carefully designed to suit the needs of modern programming education, with a wide variety of useful features.
The code of CodeGrade, the Filesystem and the numerous editor plugins is open-source and available on Github. More information on getting started with CodeGrade at your institute can be found on CodeGrade.
The documentation of CodeGrade consists of a developer documentation and a user documentation:
- Quickstart Guide
- Overview of CodeGrade
- Course and Assignment Management
- Plagiarism Detection
- Settings and Site Preferences
- LMS Integration