Create a CodeGrade assignment in BrightSpace¶
The guide below assumes CodeGrade has been successfully integrated into your BrightSpace environment as external LTI app.
Creating a new CodeGrade assignment in BrightSpace will correctly add this assignment to the corresponding course in CodeGrade, a new course will automatically be created in CodeGrade if it doesn’t exist. Follow the steps below to create a new CodeGrade assignment in BrightSpace:
- Navigate to the homepage of the course to create the assignment in.
- Click the “Content” button at the top of the page.
- In the “Add Existing Activities” dropdown, click “External Learning Tools” to open a new dialog.
- Click the “Create new LTI Link” at the bottom of the dialog (you may need to scroll).
- Enter the assignment’s name in the “Title” field.
- Enter the CodeGrade url, e.g.
The LTI Tool will be automatically selected after filling in the above URL as Legacy LTI Tool.
- Click “Create and Insert” to create your CodeGrade assignment in BrightSpace.
Never set a Due Date in BrightSpace, instead manage the due date inside CodeGrade.
Grades are automatically sent back to BrightSpace after setting the assignment state to () Done in CodeGrade. While the assignment is in the () Done state, all grades and changes to grades are immediately sent back to BrightSpace.
Students can hand in and review their feedback from within the CodeGrade container in BrightSpace.