Create a CodeGrade assignment in Canvas¶
The guide below assumes CodeGrade has been successfully integrated into your Canvas environment as external LTI app.
Creating a new CodeGrade assignment from within Canvas will correctly add this assignment to the corresponding course in CodeGrade, a new course will automatically be created in CodeGrade if not yet created in CodeGrade. Follow the steps below to create a new CodeGrade assignment in Canvas:
- Click the “+ Assignment” button in Canvas.
- Under submission type, select “External Tool”.
- Under “Enter or find an External Tool URL” click the “Find” button.
- In the dialog, select “CodeGrade” and click “select”.
- Add your Due date and other Canvas options and finally save your assignment.
- Your assignment will automatically open in Canvas and the CodeGrade environment will be visible.
- Press the “New tab” button in the CodeGrade sidebar to open your newly created assignment in the standalone CodeGrade environment.
Grades are automatically sent back to Canvas after setting the assignment state to () Done in CodeGrade. While the assignment is in the () Done state, all grades and changes to grades are immediately sent back to Canvas.
Students can hand in and review their feedback from within the CodeGrade container in Canvas.